Symptoms of Flatulence
- Bloating and discomfort.
- Belching and pain in the abdomen.
Causes of Flatulence
- High fibre diet.
- Increasein fibre content
- Swallowing excess air.
- Medical conditions
- Lack of digestive enzymes.
- Long transit time in intestines.
- FODMAP(Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyphenols)
Foods causing Flatulence
- Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, Brussels products.
- Fruits such as peaches, apples and pears.
- Fizzy drinks.
- Foods containing sugar lactose.
- Sugar free confectionery items and chewing gum.
- Whole grain such as bran and wheat.
- Beans and pulses.
Swallowing of excess air by:
- VChewing gum, smoking,
- Ill fitting false teeth,
- Eating too fast / talking while eating and anxiety as well as stress..
AshtavaidyanThaikattMoossVaidyarajAushadasalaoffers powerfultabletsto reduce flatulence in the patients.